This is a Trim Healthy Mama Community featured recipe submitted by Magaly Weaver! We know our mama’s are always looking for ways to save a few bucks at the grocery store, and this recipe is very easy on the pocket book!! Magaly has made one of her childhood favorites into a Trim Healthy Mama friendly recipe! This soup is very versatile and easy to put together. We think it is something that you will enjoy as well!
12 oz chicken breast (s) (3- 4oz breasts)
8 cups water (to boil chicken in or fat free chicken broth)
4 bay leaves
1/2 onion (small, diced)
2 carrots (large, leave whole)
1/2 tsp THM Glucomannan (“gluccie”) (or xanthan gum)
56 oz enchilada sauce (green sauce, 2 -28 oz cans)
mineral salt (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot, boil the chicken in the water or the fat free chicken broth on medium low with the bay leaves, diced onion, whole carrots, salt and pepper for about an hour or until chicken is tender and cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken, bay leaves and whole carrots from the broth.
- Dice carrots and shred the chicken and place both back into the pot.
- Add the green enchilada sauce to the broth and other ingredients.
- Add the glucomannan or xanthan gum to your liking as to how thin or thick that you enjoy your soup.
- Simmer until ready to serve.